Caroline

Caroline
Bubbles!

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Genetics?

As of yesterday, I was already a day late in updating! My apologies. It was my wonderful husband that reminded me that I hadn't posted anything in the blog yet...he's most certainly not the procrastinator that I can be sometimes.

As time is drawing near...about two weeks to go until we hit the due date I keep thinking about what this precious little girl may look like! Throughout my pregnancy I have not had any dreams about what she would look like at all, until last Sunday...I won't reveal them to you just in case I'm wrong :) On Tuesday at my doctors appointment, I did have another growth scan and it showed that Caroline weighs approximately 9 pounds already! But, there is a margin of variability the tech explained of 3/4s of a pound up or down. It's so interesting what they have been taught to look for and can notice, when I just lay there and keep trying to find the nose...head...eyes, etc. So apparently...if we go by what the ultrasound tech was showing me as I kept nodding my head in a vague understand, Caroline has hair, full lips, and long legs :) This means that I have contributed the long legs, and Jason can take credit for the full lips, and hair well we both have hair and we both have pretty dark hair...so we will just have to see what color it turns out to be at delivery and then as she gets older. In previous ultrasounds she has been positioned just how I sleep at night one hand up by her head/face and the other near her torso...interesting because when I could sleep comfortably (prior to pregnancy) this is how I would sleep, and my mom sleeps the same way sometimes! Coincidence or some underlying preference in our gene pool? I know I won't be able to tell for a year or so but one of the things I am most curious about is how she positions her feet when she is sitting and they touch the floor. Jason unconsciously will curl his toes under when he is sitting on the couch or chair, can't wait to see if she'll do this!

As far as an update on Caroline, as of right now we aren't going to be having an induction unless she is not here by my due date! So...she will make an appearance when she is ready :)

No comments:

Post a Comment