Caroline

Caroline
Bubbles!

Friday, March 11, 2011

Certainly didn't keep my word....

So about three months ago I had this optimistic thought that of course me, the multitasker, on top of everything person that I was, could certainly have an updated blog and be a new mom! What was I thinking, so now I start back blogging and hope to be more on top of it. I find that it helps to be some sort of emotional and mental release.

Just to catch everyone up to date...I had a baby, I named her Caroline, and now the Beninate's are a family of 3. We have survived the first 10 weeks...wow 10 weeks! Caroline is beautiful and amazes me everyday :) More on her later.

During the past three months I have graciously accepted that my hips will never be the same size...goodbye my favorite true religion size 6 jeans that I wore only a year ago :( Instead I embrace the fact that those hips gave life to something and that life will give me more than those jeans ever did. I love when I can sleep at least 6 hours a night, and wake up to a baby that smiles at me when I go get her out of her crib, kinda like she is saying "Good Morning Momma, I love you and you are doing a good job, now let's eat!" Most important I enjoy seeing my husband love on his little girl and be a softy (speaking of softy he cried like a baby when she was born, and I said "Thank goodness she is out!").

As far as my labor and deliver it was pretty simple once nature started it. I was scheduled to be induced on Wednesday December 29....but God had other plans, tried our patience after being pushed back each day until finally they told me on the 30th that if she didn't come naturally over the New Year weekend they would induce me on January3. Well, I woke up at 5am on the 1st (her due date...she's going to be prompt like her momma) didn't feel to hot, hung out showered, figured out that I must be having contractions, woke my hubby up, called the hospital and my mom, went to the hospital, and then around 5:45 pm started pushing and at 6:59 my long, loud, and beautiful baby made her debut!

No comments:

Post a Comment